NEW: Cvent to DADD Phase 2.5 Integration – LIVE, October 25th
On Thursday, October 25, we will go live with the next phase of the DADD integration with Cvent. This release includes updates to the current integration as requested by event planners and will include the following changes:
- If an email to a DADD entity bounces in Cvent due to an invalid email address, the email address will be updated in DADD that night as no longer valid. The contact record in Cvent will be updated with the current preferred email address from DADD.
- Current employment information in DADD will be added to the Company and Title fields for all entities in Cvent that are part of a DADD contact group.
- MD Class Year, Fuqua Program, and Fuqua Class Year will be maintained on the contact record for Medical and Fuqua degree holders, in the same way that the Duke Degree and Year fields is maintained.
Planners collecting information from registrants using the Company, Title, Fuqua Program, Fuqua Class Year or MD Class Year fields will need to change how that information is displayed and collected. Otherwise, information gathered from registrants may be lost when the nightly integration process runs to update those fields with the information from DADD.
- If included as a contact field during registration, change the field display to be Read Only
- Add registration questions to collect updated employment information and/or degree information from an unrecognized registrant.
NEW Cvent to DADD Phase 2 Integration – LIVE, June 18
Monday, June 18 we will go live with the second phase of DADD integration with Cvent. You will likely not notice a change immediately in your use of the system. But we have enhanced what we do have so it’s important that you know what has changed.
Phase 2 is the integration between Cvent and DADD that allows event planners to export event, event registration and event attendance directly to DADD, instead of requiring planners to download the information from Cvent to then upload the information to DADD.
As of next Monday the following will change:
- Event objective is an optional event field that identifies the primary purpose of an event (e.g., Engage, Fundraising, etc).
- Event type and event category/program are optional event fields that allow event planners to further categorize events to facilitate reporting out of DADD.
- Event region is an optional event field that a planner can use to identify the geographic region in which an event occurred (e.g., NY01).
- Planners will be responsible for indicating whether and when an event is ready to be exported from Cvent to DADD via an indicator on the event. Events will not be exported unless a planner indicates it should be moved to DADD. This provides control to the event planner to determine whether any given event is applicable to DADD and when the registration and attendance information is complete and ready to be exported.
- Event information and event registration and attendance activity will be updated in DADD for all registrants that have an entity ID on their contact record. This includes both registrants and guests.
- Events can only be exported from Cvent to DADD one time. Any subsequent changes to event information will need to be manually updated in DADD by the event planner.
Documentation: Exporting an event to DADD
Because the export of an event from Cvent to DADD is determined by the planner and is not applied to all events automatically, the implementation of this phase is expected to have minimal impact to the user community at large.
TIP: Update Social Media settings before launch
It turns out that even if you are not interested in using the social media feature in Cvent to communicate about your event someone else might. So we recommend that you update the social media content for your event, just in case. If anyone uses your registration link to make a social media post than the images associated with the social media feature may be displayed, which may not be in keeping with the look of your event. Make sure to update the content on each of your events. We’ve added the step-by-step instructions in the knowledge base article on Promoting your event and inviting attendees.
EntityID reformatted to a text field
The entityID has now been converted to a text field. For example, it used to appear on reports as 395,782 it will now appear as 395782.
Requesting Contact Groups in the Address Book
The integration to DADD last month brought a newly organized and cleaner Address Book. Now the Address Book offers a library of Duke-specific Contact Groups, as well as the ability to have a non-Duke specific group. Contact Groups are helpful if you are reaching out to the same group of users or if you have a group of users that get special considerations during event registration. Creating a Contact Group is done by the DAA and OIT. To request a group, please follow these instructions:
Copy from event templates beginning Jan. 24
The Duke Cvent team has established Event Templates. Starting on Jan. 24 event planners will be required to copy from one of these existing event templates rather than create an event from scratch. Once copied to the event, the specifics of the registration can be created. Refer to the creating an event via event template documentation in the Knowledge base for further information.
Media Library files get face lift
Files in the Media Library were given a face lift in December. Now all the file names should have the structure FOLDERNAME_filename. It is recommended that you use the search window when looking for an image.